Pages

Thursday 1 March 2018

Our first scientific investigation

This week we did our first scientific investigation. It was about the relationship between the height a ball is dropped and the first bounce height. We used a tennis ball and a meter ruler to do this experiment. If you want to see the method, aim and all that stuff click this.

After you have done a experiment you write down your results. The results are made out of the data you collect from your experiment. Here is the results of my experiment. We dropped the ball twice at around the same height to see what the average bounce was for each height me measured.

50 cm: first drop 24 cm 2nd drop 30 cm
75: first drop 29 cm 2nd drop 32 cm
1 meter: around 45 cm first drop 2nd drop 40 cm
2 meter: first try 80 2nd try 91.5 cm

The next part is your discussion. This is were you talk about your findings during the experiment.

The results are mostly what i expected. I expected it to be about half the height bounced. I wasn't exactly right with my prediction but I was pretty close the bounce was almost always 15 - 5 cm less than half way. Most bounces had a tiny difference from around 2 - 12 cm than the other try.

The conclusion is were you relate the results to your hypothesis in my case my hypothesis was mostly right.

And then your last thing the evaluation. This is where you analyse the accuract of your results.

My results might not be completely accurate since on some we might of put the ball a bit down on accident or a bit up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.